Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Monthly Pinterest Challenge

I'm not sure what I would do with myself if I didn't have Pinterest and Instagram to entertain me.



Recently, I was going through my Pinterest account and I realized I have 69 boards and 5,636 pins.

I don't really collect quotes or celebrity pictures or anything like that. I aim to make boards that are USEFUL to me, which means I try to actually do or buy some of the things on my boards.

In order to help me do this, I've created a new board.

Sounds a bit counterproductive. But the board is simply a to-do list, where I move pins from various other boards on to it.

So in my July To Do List board I have a few recipes I pinned that I want to try, some workout routines to test, some photos I want to replicate, a few organizational tips to follow, and some craft projects. There are 23 items on the list. I figure if I do one of these a day, I am proving to myself that the (insert guilty gulp here) hours I spend perusing Pinterest are justified.

Then I can move the pins that I did to one of three other boards I have (I'm realizing how insane I sound as I type this). I have a pin fail board, a tried and true recipes board, and a completed projects board.

Next month I can start all over again with a new to-do list.

Does anyone else do this kind of thing with Pinterest? Is it sad that Pinterest is my main organizational tool? Do I need a (brace yourself) Pintervention?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love that you commented! Thanks for making my day!