Monday, July 15, 2013

Learning with Eyes Wide Shut

I haven't been able to scratch much off of my To-Do List lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been learning things.

For example I learned how to make a Tres Leches Cake, Mexican Rice, Refried Beans, and Mexican Wedding Cakes this weekend in honor of my friend Kelli, who is having her third baby in the next few days.





I learned that living on Starbursts for a week, while frantically cooking and freezing things for a party, lowers your immune system pretty significantly. If you aren't careful you can end up with one eye swollen completely shut, looking like this:



 I also learned that there are not enough doctors at our clinic right now to see patients on the day they call in. So guess which lucky individual got to spend four hours in the emergency room waiting to get a prescription for antibiotic eyedrops?

To be fair, I did have a moment or two when I was by myself reading my I-Pad in the waiting area that I did think, "This is kind of nice. I can just read and not feel guilty about it."

Then my I-Pad died.

 My body is acting out.  I guess I need to give it some attention. You can expect some whiny, I hate exercise posts in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love that you commented! Thanks for making my day!