Sunday, October 27, 2013

Reading Time: Second Nature

Gardening.


But I'm lazy. 

And I rent. 

And the growing season in Newfoundland is like three weeks or something. 

So I spend a lot of time reading gardening books and imagining my future gardens (and having the money to spend on hiring future gardeners to do all the work for me).

My favorite gardening book of late was written by one of my favorite authors, Michael Pollan. I wrote about his most recent book here, but I was inspired to read Second Nature: A Gardener's Education because it was his first book, published before I was born. 



Like all of his other books, this one is beautifully written and I had to access the dictionary a few times for words like inchoate (not yet completed or developed), Pyrrhic (a costly victory, making it not really a victory at all), and antinomianism (which I'm honestly still not totally sure what it means). 

But I highly recommend it for those who garden and those who love the idea of gardening. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love that you commented! Thanks for making my day!